Open invitation to sing in our Festival Choir
Including: MOZART REQUIEM – with full orchestra
Auditions not required, yet you must show proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination and masks are required
We support learning your music with online rehearsal capability, in addition to live, in-church rehearsals.
We support your health by conducting the live rehearsals alternating between two separate large spaces.
Contact/More information: music@FirstUnitarian.com
Our Festival Choir enjoys professional instrumental accompaniments from full orchestra to chamber instruments, including a variety of brass, winds, strings, timpani, and our twin Steinway grands and magnificent Aeolian-Skinner pipe organ. We’re proud to occasionally feature our Artists in Residence.
When you’re in a choir, the whole world sings.
COLLEGE STUDENTS, ADULTS, YOUNG ADULTS, TEENS
During the church year (Sept – May), rehearsals are Thursday nights, and we sing typically three Sundays each month: two anthems per Sunday and various responses/descants.
Scroll through our upcoming exciting repertoire:
Benefits of choral singing at First U:
- Opportunity to sing large works with orchestra or instruments several times a year.
- A diverse repertoire of classical, gospel, earth-centric choral works.
- Feeling of satisfaction and achievement
- Improved Musical Skills can be retained as a life-long hobby and interest
- Learn interesting facts about music history
- Enter into lively discussions about the meaning and theology behind choral texts
- Fun rehearsals, making music as a group, make new friends, camaraderie each week
A study shows Favorable Effects of Choir Singing or Listening on Secretory Immunoglobulin A, Cortisol, and Emotional State.
Feel a Lot Better When I Sing by Barb Wilson in Complete Health Magazine, Summer 2003